2011-06-08

A la Rose



When I feel a bit tired of my hectic life, I would like to drop a line here. Today is my lazy day; do nothing! Even though I’m tired of my real life, I feel hungry. This is a good sign; if I completely lose my appetite, then it means very seriousJ  To nurse my healthy appetite, I made a pain pérdu á la banane.  I want to put up the recipe soon… it was yummy!
Our 1st year in Japan has passed so quickly. It has been a hefty roller coaster ride but we made it through ok. What a blessing! We were baptized by many new things with a lot of difficulties and surprises. Amidst of fiascos, we’ve opened our little shop and restaurant, and then my first book was recently published as well.  So, I can say we must have been doing something pretty well???  We still have a long way to go… to establish our roots here.

May is a month of roses in the northern hemisphere. I had an opportunity to receive fragrant Damask roses from an organic nursery in Tokyo. They wanted me to use their organic roses to make something sweet, so here I’ve started.
Pyramid á la rose. It’s an Entremet with 3 layers inside. The layers were consisted of Dacquoise Pistache (pistachio dacquoise), strawberry and lychee mousse and strawberry rose gelée. The outside was topped with organic Rosé and rose-infused gelée and bottomed with fromage blanc and rose mousse with a hint of coriander and pine-scented Madagascar pepper.  There is an almond Dacquoise at the base. It was such a beauty to peek  inside with layers of white, pink, ruby, clear rose  and green.   

Also I made a rose Blanc Manger with fruity Rosé and rose-infused gelée. It was such a treat!

Roses own a special charm; it’s perfect to look at, smell, and eat, too! Eating a rose is something special, n’est ce pas?

A rose garden nearby our shop in Tsukuba is an ideal place to stroll in the morning or at dusk. Enjoying  a quiet moment there is a good idea.

And have something sweet in life.

Take time to smell the roses…

No comments:

Post a Comment