2012-02-15

Crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge



During our brief stay in Sydney, one morning, we crossed the Sydney Harbour Bridge from the Milsons Point Station (near the Luna Park). Actually, I wanted to take a tour to climb on the top of the bridge but it was very expensive, so I had to dismiss the idea… Instead, we just crossed the bridge to the Circular Quay on foot.


On the bridge, trains, all kinds of vehicles, and pedestrians can pass on the destined areas.



This is for pedestrians. The tower is for a look-out where you can see the entire harbor and the City.


Of course, from the bridge, you can see the Opera House. Inside the bay, there are many ferries sailing outwardly to different destinations.


The Circular Quay (the Sydney Cove) and the City.


In the morning, we’ve strolled around the Rocks where possesses reminiscence of the olden-days glory.


There are quite a few cafes and restaurants, galleries, and small but enchanting shops.


Looking into show windows, wooing pastries and exquisitely-made buttons, etc., and eying interesting historical monuments were such fun!

Oh boy, I eyed on my future car on the street! This BMW is just a type of a car I want. (laugh)

Playfair Street is one of the famous streets in the Rocks.


I like this post. Don’t you think it’s cute?

The historical monument and the modern high-raised apartment behind are in one shot on the Playfair Street.


At this shop, there are many fascinating honey-related items. We bought Australian-made honeys and honey tea for souvenirs.

While wondering around the Rocks, we found the Susannah Place Museum which is a tiny-cozy museum. Inside is just enchanting! I wanted to take photos but I refrained from the idea with my big camera. They sell all items in old-fashioned looking containers and packages which are simply mesmerizing!


I just shot outside of the museum shop.


It’s like an open-air old-fashioned furniture object. One may sit on the bench nearby, and have lunch or snack here, if he/she likes.

Walking away from the Rocks to the downtown was somehow done without a map. Was it a miracle? We wanted to go to the David Jones Department Store to buy some gourmet salts and English tea where our friend took us once already. Well, I thought, I remembered some streets and buildings and if we got lost, we could always ask people on the street.


Anyway, we made it to the David Jones safely and bought things and even had a tea time!

We found the Louis Vuitton on some street. And I was fascinated with the show windows! With Vuitton’s items, the artists made Australian wild life animals such as a crocodile, kangaroo, wambad, koala, and etc.


 Once I started taking pictures, quite a few tourists gathered up and started taking their own photos of these wonderful artistic creations.


2 comments:

  1. How nice photos, I love them :) I wish I could go one day to Australia to see all this things. Will you go to the great barrier reef? Would be amazing to see some underwaterphotos;) I am sorry that my blog is in german... But I have a problem to put the google translater gadget on my page... It doesnt work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of refreshing to see the familiar sites through your lense.
    I'm glad you got to walk across the bridge. It is a beautiful city isn't it?

    ReplyDelete