2011-03-21

Passion fruit magic



 Yesterday, my husband went to get a pack of strawberries and brought me also a nice surprise. After the earthquake, I was rather doubtful if I could get strawberries or my favorite fruit!




It’s a passion fruit. Of course, I have to wait until it becomes wrinkled all over for eating. Just thinking of a juicy sweet and tangy flavor makes my mouth watered…yummy!




It was like finding a small miracle in the chaos (because there was scarcity in food for a while), though things are slowly getting back to normal. Today, also there was a big miracle which an 80-year-old woman and her 16-year-old grandson were rescued under the demolished house in the inferno after 9 days of the disaster! It’s a great miracle, isn’t it?

Our English friends, Keith and Elaine who live in France sent us several e-mails worrying about us. This cup and saucer were given to us as a farewell gift from them when we left from France to have a business in Japan last May.  Thinking of you both fondly! Thank you so much for your friendship.




I still have a clear flashback of the hit when the earth shakes frequently several times a day, especially when a big one comes. My heart pounds so fast and I feel dizzy afterwards. Surely, it was a traumatic experience.



I made this passion fruit meringues for my upcoming pastry-making book. Last week, I was supposed to have photo shootings for the book; but of course, it was canceled. I wonder if the book will be published as scheduled by the editor.

Anyway, I shall not worry about a small thing but take one day at a time. But some action! Back to a normal life as much as possible, it’s a key to a further miracle.

2 comments:

  1. Kiki, I'm so excited about your pastry book!!! I can't wait to have it!! When is it planning to be published?

    Today, I read a happy-ending story about a dog in Miyagi Pref.. it was a relief.. http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/04/dog-rescued-after-quake-going-back-to-its-owner/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we are aiming the end of May. But in this world, nothing is for sure, AYK. Things are working well currently, so we'll see!

    Yeap, the cute dog was indeed lucky to be saved and rejoined with its owner! It's a heart-felt story.

    ReplyDelete